The best way to get your first fountain pen is to have a feel first before buying. You get to check if the size and weight are to your liking, and there’s not that much waiting involved. If you’re new to the hobby and are wondering where to buy fountain pens offline in the Philippines, here are some stores that you should definitely check out:
- Scribe. Perhaps the oldest specialty shop in the Philippines, Scribe has grown together with the local fountain pen scene. They have pens from Pilot, Platinum, Lamy, TWSBI, Kaweco, Pelikan, Visconti, Noodlers, and Cross here, together with matching inks and stationery. They are practically have the most number of choices, so remember to guard your wallet when entering any branch in Metro Manila or Cebu.
- National Bookstore. Look beyond the Moleskine section and you’ll find stalls of Lamys, Parkers, Sheaffers, and sometimes Pilots. Options may not be as varied as Scribe, especially budget pens, but there are nice finds here as well.
- Cosmos Bazar. If you don’t mind having a Binondo trip for pens (and a side trip for food), head over to Cosmos Bazar, the official distributor of Pilot pens in the Philippines. They’re pretty hard to miss, since it is almost across the Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruis. Here, you’ll find whatever Scribe and NBS have, and more. Need a lot of converters? Get them for almost half the price that online sellers ask. Beginner pens? They’re around a hundred pesos cheaper. If you feel Binondo is too far, wait for the annual International Book Fair where they have a staple presence.
571 Quintin Paredes Street, Binondo, Manila, Philippines.
Tel. Nos.: 243-6912 to 14Fax No.: 242-5671
- Times Trading is a literally a few steps away from Cosmos Bazar, and is the official distributor of Lamy. There is not much difference in price through, but it is still worth a look.
525 Quintin Paredes Rd, Binondo, Manila, 1006 Metro Manila
- Daiso carries two Japanese fountain pens, but you need a bit of luck to get them. Aside from the store-branded variant, they also have the extremely cheap Platinum Riviere.
If you prefer ordering your fountain pens online and would like to avoid risks involved in usual internet-based transactions, check out our list of trusted online fountain pen sellers in the Philippines.